Putting the word out there for a space to operate from. I’m looking for either a studio space in the SE1 area ideally – or alternatively looking for any opportunity to have a residency in a gallery space or to rent a space in an existing gallery/shop/retail space on a short-term basis. Am open to options, but would love to hear from anyone who knows of anywhere/somewhere/someone etc..
Here’s a pic by Sarah Lippett to keep you all lively on this really drab, cold day.
Happy New Year to everyone. I hope that 2010 brings you much happiness. Things have been full-on! I’m running myself ragged trying to do too many things and have FINALLY realised that help is required, otherwise it’s never going to get anywhere. So….. I’ve put the word out to some colleges about needing an Intern, but if you are reading this and know of anyone that this would sound appealing to, then please forward it on….
Here’s the spec
Design-savvy Intern required to assist the Director of a new online gallery selling limited edition prints, based in South East London.
Assistance needed with:
- Designing flyers/leaflets/business cards for promotions and dealing with printers etc
- Uploading images to the website
- Sending out Newsletters
- Online marketing : social networking/Facebook/Twitter
- Some very basic admin including fulfilling orders
- Assistance with putting together PDF portfolios to send to clients.
- Help putting up shows and exhibitions and selling artwork at events.
- General assistance to the Director, dealing with artists, framers, stylists etc.
The candidate will need to have the following:
- Indesign/Photoshop knowledge and have their own access to it.
- Have good typographical design skills – this is very important.
- Be comfortable and proactive with Facebook/Twitter etc.
- Be up to date with what is happening in Art & Design Graphics/Illustration
- Ideally have some basic experience of uploading to websites and/or blogs
- Will need to be responsible: the internship requires a degree of initiative and participation
This position will be a great opportunity to experience first-hand what is involved in setting up a small creative business, and helping it to grow. There are plans for further developments and in time, hopefully a paid position for the right person.
Position is unpaid, but assistance at shows will be paid for with expenses. Help initially required for 2 months on a part-time basis and could suit either a recent graduate or student.
All enquiries, please contact Gina Cross